The Core Values of Siberian Missions
- There is no greater purpose for mankind than that of glorifying God.
- The Bible is God’s absolute, infallible authority.
- Scripture in its context builds, out of context destroys.
- Holding to a biblical balance and avoiding unbiblical extremes is imperative, especially in these last days.
- The trends of this world system should be resisted, not embraced.
- Carrying out the Great Commission is best accomplished through evangelism, discipleship and church-planting; this is the responsibility of the local Bible-believing church.
- Our witness for Christ should be validated by the way we live.
- An orderly atmosphere is necessary for effectively communicating God’s Word.
- Community in the local church is more important than committee and family more than formality.
- A biblical world view should be taught to our children – at home, at church and at school.
- Accountability to and responsibility in the local church is God’s clearly revealed plan for spiritual growth and personal victory.
- Biblical, quality music is vital to preparing hearts for worship.
- The faithful giving of our tithes and offerings to the local church demonstrates gratitude to God and helps the cause of the Great Commission.
Our Doctrinal Position
The following comprise the Scriptural beliefs of Siberian Missions. The position does not exhaust the extent of our faith. The Bible itself is the sole and final source of all that we believe. We do believe, however, that this doctrinal position accurately represents the teaching of the Bible.
- We believe in the verbal and plenary inspiration and authority of the Scriptures. We believe that the Bible reveals God, the fall of man, the way of salvation, and God’s plan and purpose in the ages. We believe that the Bible is comprised of the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments and that it was given in the original writings by inspiration of God and were kept pure through subsequent ages by His singular care and providence. We believe that the original manuscripts are best represented by the traditional texts; i.e., the Hebrew Masoretic text in the Old Testament and the set of manuscripts known as the Textus Receptus in the New Testament; and that the King James Version of the English Bible and the Synodal Version of the Russian Bible are true, faithful, and reliable translations of these two providentially preserved Texts. We do not accept or teach the superiority of the King James Version or the Synodal Version over the original manuscripts; therefore we reject the position commonly called “Ruckmanism” as being unbalanced as well as unscriptural. We reject the books commonly called ‘The Apocrypha’ not being of divine inspiration, are not part of the canon or rule of Scripture and are therefore of no authority to the church of God.
- We believe that there is one and only living and true God; whose subsistence is in and of Himself. We believe that in this divine and infinite Being there are three distinct personalities, the Father, the Son (or Word), and the Holy Spirit. All are one in substance, power, and eternity; each having the whole divine essence, yet this essence being undivided. All three are infinite, without beginning, and are therefore only one God, Who cannot be divided in nature and being; and yet each distinct personality of the Godhead has a distinct and specific purpose.
- We believe in the deity, virgin birth, sinless life, atoning vicarious substitutionary death, literal bodily resurrection, and mediatory work of Jesus Christ.
- We believe that salvation is by grace through faith alone. Man, by his fall into a state of sin, has completely lost all ability of will to perform any of the spiritual good which accompanies salvation. As a natural man, he is altogether hostile to spiritual good, and dead in sin. He is not able by his own strength to convert himself, or to prepare himself for conversion. We believe that the condition to salvation is repentance towards God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that men are justified by faith alone and are counted as righteous before God only through the merit of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. We believe that those whom God has accepted in the beloved, and has effectually called and sanctified by His Spirit, and given the precious faith of His elect, can neither totally nor finally fall from the state of grace, but they will certainly persevere in that state to the end and be eternally saved.
- We believe that in the exercise of the authority which has been entrusted to Him, the Lord Jesus calls to Himself from out of the world, through the ministry of His Word, by His Spirit, those who are given to Him by His Father, so that they may walk before Him in all the ways of obedience which He prescribes to them in His Word. Those who are thus called, He commands to walk together in local New Testament churches, for their mutual edification, and for the due performance of that public worship, which He requires of them in the world. We believe in the autonomy of the local New Testament Church. We believe that Baptism by immersion and the Lord’s Supper are the only two ordinances of the local church, and that they do not impart any saving grace.
- We believe in the imminent return of Christ for His Church. We believe in the visible, personal, and premillennial return of Jesus Christ at the end of the tribulation to establish a literal thousand-year reign of righteousness on the earth.
- We believe the Holy Spirit indwells every true Christian at the moment of true heart belief, who in turn is commanded to be filled with and controlled by the Spirit. We believe that “speaking in tongues” is not the sign of having been baptized by the Holy Spirit into the body of Christ. We believe that the gifts of tongues, healing and prophecy were a sign during the Apostolic Period only and that such signs are not for this part of the church age.
- We believe that Satan is an angel who enjoyed heavenly honors due to his creation status; but through pride and ambition to be as the Almighty, fell and drew after him a host of angels; that he is now the malignant prince of the power of the air, and the unholy god of this world. We hold him to be man’s great tempter, the arch-enemy of God and His Christ, the accuser of the saints, the author of all false religions, the chief power back of the present apostasy; the lord of the antichrist, and the author of all the powers of darkness; that his powers are supernaturally great, but strictly limited by the permissive will of God, who overrules all his wicked devices for good; and that he was defeated and judged at the Cross and, therefore, his final doom is certain.
- We believe in the everlasting conscious blessedness of the saved (literal heaven) and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost (literal lake of fire).